By Niraj Soma Naik, Wake Up World
You’re one of those people that likes to have everything perfectly organized, whether it’s your home, your schedule, your workspace, or your relationships. You like to try to see into the future to prevent horrible outcomes. You want to control situations so that they turn out positively for you, and you think that your way is always the correct way. You just can’t deal with upsetting changes or occurrences in your life because that means you’ve lost control. You often get told by others to “lighten up”, “chill out”, or “let loose.”
Organization is good. Preparation is good. And planning is also good. And being told by others to relax is probably one of the most annoying things ever. But, how do you know when these traits begin to get a little out of hand? Maybe it’s time to relax.
Am I too uptight?
There is such a thing as too much, although people who have the above personality traits might beg to differ. Here’s how you can know when it’s too much:
- It gets in the way of healthy relationships. You can’t seem to let anything go.
- You can’t get enough work done or not efficiently enough because you’re waiting for everything to be perfect.
- Everything bothers you to the point where you dread going to work or being out in social groups.
- You find yourself judging others for their decisions or actions. You feel that your way is the best and only way.
- You hold strong grudges that can last for years, and you hold onto baggage from the past that gets in the way of your relationships and how you feel about yourself.
- You have high standards, and you never let yourself off the hook. You are constantly looking for ways to better yourself because you’re never good enough.
- You’re experiencing depression or anxiety and can’t seem to get a handle on it.
If any of these “symptoms” sound like you and the way you’ve been living your life, it could be time to do a little therapy of letting go…
Read the rest here: https://wakeup-world.com/2019/08/30/are-you-too-controlling-its-time-to-relax/