By Brad Austen, Mindful Meditations
When opening up to the world of spirit, in meditation or any psychic craft, it is important to know how to protect oneself from negative influence. While some may believe that psychic protection isn’t necessary, it has been my personal experience that it is important. One of my teachers said once “Unless you are always in a state of love, then you need psychic protection.” Particularly if you are sensitive or an empath, then you are already very sensitive and vulnerable to energy.
When one opens oneself up, it can attract unwanted influence. There are plenty of negative entities and thought-forms on the planet in this day and age. If your third eye is open, it is not uncommon to see these entities with one’s peripheral vision, which can be an alarming experience. This article will explore some ways and techniques that will help to protect you psychically.
Calling upon Archangel Michael for protection is a good practice to do several times a day, or especially when meditating or doing any energy work. For those that are clairvoyant (clear seeing) Archangel Michael’s presence is like a ball of white light or white fire. If you see or sense this, then be reassured he has heard your call and is close by to protect you. All of the angels will protect you when asked, but AA Michael is more commonly knows for protection, particularly in the new age movement.
Clearing one’s space or home by smudging with the smoke of white sage or other herbs, is an ancient practice. Fire is a purifying element and, combined with the smoke and life-force of plants’ leaves, will help to clear energies and remove negative entities. Alternatively, burning or vaporizing essential oils is also very good at clearing one’s space and filling the air with pleasant aromas. In this day and age we have a lot of electrical devices in our workplace and homes, where entities can enter through such devices. Clearing the energies in our homes on a regularly basis is therefore very important.
As human beings we are energetic beings, and while we have little control over others, we are in charge of our own thoughts, emotions and actions. Learning to maintain one’s thoughts and emotional state can take perseverance and practice. The following step-by-step guide is a visualization technique you may like to practice to strengthen your energy and psychic protection.
- Visualize yourself being surrounded by an egg shaped bubble of light. Similar to an egg, there is a hard layer of protection on the outer layer of the bubble.
- Now imagine this bubble being filled with white light, completely filling your body, chakras and aura with white light. Focus on this process for a few minutes, until you feel surrounded by white light.
- If you feel any energies of others or entities hanging around, visualize, like balloons, these energies leaving you and floating away. It may help to visualize these energies as a black or murky colour inside the balloons, as they leave you and float away. Affirm out loud, “Any energy or entity that is not for my highest good, I ask that it leave me on a permanent basis now.”
- Then, visualize a violet stream of energy coming down into your crown chakra at the top of your head. Visualize this violet coloured energy completely filling your body and then expanding out into your aura. Focus on this for as long as you feel needed. The violet light helps to transform negative energies into neutral energy.
- Lastly, just before you leave this visualization and go on about your day: Similar to an eggshell, visualize this shell sealing your aura, so you will feel protected as you interact with people and places throughout your day.
One challenging experience can be that as you raise your vibration, you also become more sensitive to energy. You may find it challenging to be in crowded places like busy restaurants, or anywhere where there are lots of people. If you know you will be in a busy environment, doing the protection visualization beforehand may help.
It’s important to remember that not everyone is interested in raising their vibration or developing themselves psychically, which may include your family. We all have freewill, but you may have to set some boundaries if their energy is adversely affecting you. Sometimes, as a spiritual person, we can unconsciously take on the energies of others, but at the end of the day you are only responsible for your own energy.
Joining a psychic development group with a good medium can be a great way to learn and develop yourself psychically. This is also a good place to learn about the importance of psychic protection and what steps to take. I hope some of the information shared in this article assists you with your psychic protection and spiritual well-being. I wish you all the best on your spiritual path.
By Brad Austen © 2016.